One of My Favorite Photos

One of My Favorite Photos

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday, January 21st
     Two more children have been diagnosed with malaria since yesterday.  We were able to get some rapid malaria test kits and test the children yesterday and today.  All three who have come down with malaria were home "up country", as they say, visiting for the holidays.  Two have been very sick, and the third seems to have a fairly mild case - still not a fun thing to have even in a mild dose!
     Needless to say, I have been quite busy obtaining the test kits, testing the children, going to the pharmacy for the meds, and caring for the children who are sick.  I am reminded how blessed we are to have reliable and available medical care in the US when I search for the same level of care here in Kenya.  God bless these dear people - and God bless theses three little ones, especially the three who are sick with malaria right now.
     I am struggling with jet lag - waking up at 3:30 or 4:00, unable to get back to sleep until just before my alarm clock goes off!  This too shall pass, though, and I am so grateful to be here.
     I send my love and virtual hugs to everyone  -
     Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing your updates....please keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete