One of My Favorite Photos

One of My Favorite Photos

Thursday, January 9, 2014

One Week From Today ...

January 9th  -  One Week From Today ...
     In one very short week, I will be on a plane headed for Africa - the fulfillment of years of praying, dreaming, and planning.  It hardly seems possible!
     But reality is slowly taking hold as I pack my belongings and say goodbye to my friends and family.  This has been more difficult than I anticipated.  I have wanted this day to come for so long, and in all of my dreams of this day, I have had nothing but joy and anticipation dominate my thoughts.  But, as the actual day approaches, I have experienced much sadness in the last week as I said goodbye to my job and friends at work, as I pack my things and leave the security of my home, as I give my dear kitties away to new homes, and as I say goodbye to my beloved friends and family.
      As so often happens, though, God spoke to me through His Word in my devotions this morning.  He gave me these verses:
     "I am with you and for you.  When you decide on a course of action that is in line with My will,
      nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you.  You may encounter many obstacles as you move
      toward your goal, but don't be discouraged  - never give up!  With My help, you can overcome
      any obstacle.  Do not expect an easy path as you journey hand in hand with Me, but do remember
      that I, your very -present Helper, am omnipotent."  Romans 8:31, Psalm 46:1-3.
   
 I am reminded of a quote I heard once - I cannot remember the source - that goes something like this:
     "I will not offer to Jesus what it costs me nothing to give."
 I have to remember that there is a cost to pay in serving Jesus.  In light of His sacrifice for me, anything I can offer seems so trivial.  But, in His mercy, He reminded me today that He is with me and for me, and will help me overcome any obstacle - even the obstacle of myself and my fleshly struggles!  We serve a good, faithful, and merciful God!
     Thank you for praying for me, and for caring about me.  I love you all  -  
      Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Ah, Nancy. May you feel God's presence as you go. My prayers go with you. And that is an excellent quote. May it be true of all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Nancy. May you feel God's presence as you go. My prayers go with you. And that is an excellent quote. May it be true of all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs! He is good and faithful- I can imagine leaving loved ones and the familiarity of home, job, and everything you are used to would be really tough- even if you were excited and eager to go. You are one strong and brave woman, and I hope He is filling you with much assurance of His presence and peace!

    ReplyDelete